- Yarn - Dream in Color Calm, Canyon, or Mammoth
- Yarn weight - Worsted, Aran, or Bulky
- Yardage - 125 - 240 yards (114 - 219 m)
- Needle - US 11 - 8.0 mm, US 10 - 6.0 mm, or US 8 - 5.0 mm
- Sizes - Bulky: 21 in circ, Aran: 22 in circ, Worsted: 23 in circ
- Language - English
To show off the versatility of this pattern I decided to work it up in three different weights of yarn from Dream in Color. If you want that super chunky look, you will want the Chunky weight Mammoth. A step down from that is Aran weight Canyon. And if you want something a bit more sleek go for the worsted weight Calm.
Based on feedback from test knitters this skill level required for this pattern is Adventurous Beginner to Intermediate. You need to be able to knit, purl, work a basic cable and bind off.
Blue Cowl: DiC Mammoth (Chunky) in Rio Verde Blue
Purple Cowl: DiC Canyon (Aran) in Goblin Valley
Yellow/Green Cowl: DiC Calm (Worsted) in Prickly Pear